This year I’ve been rather keen to do a charity run from John O Groats to Land’s End in an EV. It’s a project that I’ve thought about several times in the past few years but never actually got around to doing.
But here’s the catch. I don’t have an EV yet.
It’s a tall order. Convert an EV from a standard petrol car, using donated parts, get it road-legal, and then drive it from Land’s End to John O Groats. And then raffle the car off at the end.
Here’s a few things we’d need:
1) a sound, rust free donor car
2) a decent set of batteries
3) a decent performance (capable of doing at least 60 mph) and a range of at least 60 miles.
4) Built, wherever possible, using Open source controller stuff…
5) a dedicated team willing to help me arrange, plan, and execute all of the above. Oh, and convert it.
6) a vehicle, at the end of it, which could be raffled off for a decent profit for all charities and one which is capable of life as a regular commuter car and all-round EV. Don’t think G-Wiz. Think RAV4 EV…
Is anyone in? Is anyone interested? I’d hope to do it as a video blogged experience, selling the video afterwards.
Thoughts? Any offers of help?